Suppporter
LDSA Premium
Activity

0%

Real Name
Rene Kunert
Gifts?
Legend of Zelda.
Alright... a little rant, because my day is going just fking peachy...
There is an artist named Brian Byrd.

As a warning to anyone else who may come in contact with him over an artwork... he is a scammer. I sent him $300 for an artwork. He told me that the package got sent back to him, but it was busted. So instead of sending it again, he was to draw me another piece and send that to my mom in the states, that way it would be more likely that it reached the destination.

He sent a tracking for the first package, but for some reason, it came back to him. I am honestly not sure why, unless customs said "nope"

In his replay, the "art" is turned upside down so I can't see what it actually is. I am a pretty trusting person, so I didn't think anything of it at the time.

The second time around, he didn't send a tracking number. Third time, he didn't get back to me at all.
Now... yep, you guessed it. He blocked me.

I hate when people do this garbage. Now I am out 300 bucks and months of time waiting.

Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 15.52.04.pngScreenshot 2023-03-24 at 15.52.35.pngScreenshot 2023-03-24 at 15.52.49.pngScreenshot 2023-03-24 at 15.52.55.pngScreenshot 2023-03-24 at 15.52.59.pngScreenshot 2023-03-24 at 15.53.25.pngScreenshot 2023-03-24 at 15.53.40.pngScreenshot 2023-03-24 at 15.53.48.pngScreenshot 2023-03-24 at 15.54.08.pngScreenshot 2023-03-24 at 15.54.13.png

It has been brought to my attention by another artist, that this Brian is the very same that faked his own death a few years ago to get out of paying some people. I should have known this, but my terrible memory gets the worst end of things, sometimes. I guess I will just take the loss on this one.
300 bucks is a lot to just ignore, though. Fark.

Most of these people that create these scams do so for two things...one is to get your personal details, and the other is to get as much money from you as possible....if not now.....they can keep or sell your details to others, there are lists online with loads of peoples personal and banking details online. These lists can be found online, and in some cases you can get removed from one/some of the lists.
Also, if you have not already done so, you can gather your evidence, and that of others who have also been scammed by the same person, and apply to your bank (as paypal does not always pay out). If that does not work you can also apply to the financial ombudsman if there is one in your country.
We also have some programs that bring the scams to the attention of viewers, they often help people who have not been successful in getting their money back. (check if there are programs like this where you are?)
I too lost money via a website scam,.....not as much as you, but I got my money back by providing lots of evidence.
I hope this helps you. <hugs>

This guy isn’t out for personal details and such. Just money. I had been “friends” with him for a looooooooong time. I had just forgotten about the trick he pulled with faking cancer and death, since it was so many years ago. I’m pretty sure he was hoping someone had forgotten his name. After he blocked me, he posted on his page about having a new manager and doing so well in the art world. He even posted about going to a minicon… I have the address for that and really thought about showing up in person.

He is a rotten human being, but his intent is only to get money and sympathy. Otherwise, he is harmless.

Apologies did not know you knew him. It sounded like a scammer.

Back
Top Bottom