Suppporter
LDSA Premium
Activity

0%

Real Name
Rene Kunert
Gifts?
Legend of Zelda.
I will be so glad to get back to a place with actual working technology lol.

This morning, I tried to get on the forum, but it kept saying that the "server could not be found." So I went to my host, found nothing out of the ordinary. Rebooted my router, no change. Grabbed my phone. Still couldn't get on. However, my regular blog was still online. It was ONLY this site not loading. I have several sites on the same server...

Turned off the wifi on my phone, bam! There's the forum!

Ok, thought maybe it was just the wifi messing up, because we do have a lot of troubles here with our wifi.

Tried again. Still nothing on my computer. I was running out of ideas. The forum obviously wasn't down, because I could access from my mobile data.

Got Jasper's laptop and he couldn't access it either. The hell is going on???

So I got back on my computer and logged in via a proxy. Loaded, everything looks good. Logged in to the admin panel, seems alright. Couldn't have just been my browser, though, because the laptop and phone didn't work either.

Logged out of the proxy and turned it off.

I was getting really annoyed. Annoyed enough to throw some shit... Went back to hit the refresh button over and over and over... Now the forum loads normally... What in the ever loving fark is going on??

Well, at least I know to try that next time I can't get on. Stupid STUPID technology.

I still cannot explain why that would even happen. Maybe I got a sour IP address. I dunno...

Maybe you were getting more angry with someone PM you and lifting your anger lol

Technology....arugh! I got to work today and our system was down. The Clerk sends me a message to pull my files to sent up to Court....only problem with that is ... since July 2020 I have no files! I scan what is filed and put the actual pleadings into a folder by date filed. Without being able to get into the system I can't tell when anything was filed in order to pull the actual pleadings. SMH...

Oh the Clerk knew. She wanted me to send paper files up because the system was down so they couldn't view the documents on the computer. Fortunately I got what I could and it came back online before they got to the Civil cases.

Ok... apparently, it's not actually the internet that is messing up. My computer is trying to hang on by any threads it has, but it is causing chaos at every corner. It is seemingly disrupting the modem. Sending it all kinds of signals that it shouldn't be lol. If I am surfing a site at that moment, it will send a signal to the modem that this is the only site it should be allowing.

So.... I have disconnected my computer from the modem directly and am seeing if it will send the same signal over wifi. Seems ok, for the moment, but we shall see!

I have never had this happen before. But then, this computer is way older than it should be. It is probably trying to convince me to retire it LOL!

Back
Top Bottom