Shadowlord

Staff member
Suppporter
Activity

0%

Real Name
Sven
I am not much of an artist but in my past, I have come across some interesting open source art software. I know this is more of an traditional art community, but I think that some of you create mix media art. So maybe this topic is interesting to you after all.

Note, I will be updating this first post with software links, which might be interesting to you to keep it all at one place.

Inkscape - (Linux, Windows, MacOS) A vector graphics program. Quote from the website "If you are new to the process of creating vector graphics it may feel different, but you will quickly be pleased by the flexibility, and power Inkscape offers. Vector design is often the preferred method of image creation for logos, illustrations and art which require high scalability."

GIMP - (Linux, Windows, MacOS) Some people see it as the open source competitor for Photoshop but I think they still have a way to go. Quote from the website:"GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed program for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring."

Blender
- (Linux, Windows, MacOS) A powerful 3d program, although the interface has a step learning curve. Quote from the website: "Blender is the free and open source 3D creation suite. It supports the entirety of the 3D pipeline—modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, video editing and 2D animation pipeline."

Krita
- (Linux, Windows, MacOS) Quote from the website: "Krita is a free and open-source raster graphics editor designed primarily for digital painting and 2D animation"

Placeholder

Last edited:
Thank you for the share this is great .

You are welcome. Added Krita and the info on which OS the programs work ^_^ .

This is great! Thanks!

For those of you that want a photoshop-like experience without downloading or purchasing an app, there is an online alternative that is web-based.

That is really neat! Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom