OzzieDreama

Suppporter
Town Favorite Previous Member of the Month Extremely Likeable
Activity

0%

Real Name
Michelle Forsyth
Gifts?
Art or craft supplies, anything bird related especially Cockatiels or Green Cheek Conures.
Went to the doctors for results today for a bone densitometry scan I had done 3 weeks ago. Not looking good at the moment. I will be getting Calcium injections for treatment as I have osteoporosis & osteopenia but because of my age none of the treatments are covered by pbs. $295 for the injection, but it is 6 monthly. I am also not allowed to lift anything over 2.5 kg and have to be careful not to fall because I could break my hip or my back 😭😭 I can't see my work keeping
me on as that will be long term as it's not a quick fix 😭 but at least the injections will eventually help build up the bones again.

I hope the treatments will work and get those bones strong again. Medical conditions can be so expensive but hopefully they will work and make the expense worth it. Prayers your employer will be understanding of your situation.

sorry to hear that :meditate: :hug: WOW That is very expensive. I hope your work will be reasonable and keep you. Maybe make some changes to diet to help too? Using Milk products and anything else that will help build the bones?

Oh dear, that doesn’t sound fun at all. Might need to invest in a big roll of bubble wrap.

I certainly hope they can get this under control. That sure is a lot of moolah to get it done, so let’s keep all digits crossed that it’s worth it!!

sorry to hear that :meditate: :hug: WOW That is very expensive. I hope your work will be reasonable and keep you. Maybe make some changes to diet to help too? Using Milk products and anything else that will help build the bones?
I am actually lactose intolerant and even the lactose free milk I have to limit as I have Gastritis so too much makes me sick. I do eat a lot of cheese and low lactose products though. I am going though all these issues as they didn't give me HRT after menopause. So my Vitamin D levels are fine and so is calcium because it's sucking it from my bones 🤷‍♀️ I have started HRT now so hoping that will also help. And hoping they might give me my hips replacement now seeing as I am such a high risk for fractures while it's the way it is.

aww sorry :hug: :meditate: I hope the treatment works and you get the op you need :hug:

Back
Top Bottom