LDSA Premium
Activity

0%

Real Name
Rene Kunert
Gifts?
Legend of Zelda.
Where does your motivation come from?

Have you ever tried to get others motivated?

My motivation comes from doing stuff that others want to do WITH me. When I draw, I want to see others doing the same. Not as competition, though, but as mutual support. So if I can convince ONE person to do stuff, then it makes me want to do it, too. 

The downside to that is... most people who start doing the stuff I convince them to do, it makes me want to do it, too, and most see it as me being competitive. 

I promise, I'm not :lol: 

I've even tried to convince all of my kids to draw with me, too :pencilhoist:

It is really hard for me to get motivated at all. But the challenges here are a start. It seemed like I hadn't drawn in months, but now I drew 3 cards! I am really looking forward to the swaps starting back up.

I lost all of my motivation! I am still looking for it. Maybe I can find it here somewhere!!

I seem to have art running through my blood. lol Challenges, and looking at other images usually motivate me, whilst time limits me.
I just love doing challenges, I love to think out of the box, and in one of my groups, I have found people like checking out some of the ideas i come up with. Example, one challenge uses a Letter as a challenge, I try not to go for the obvious, as other people do, so when I add something different, it gives them ideas too. ie W was used and the first thing people thought of was water...so everyone started with images of water, then I added something with wheels.....so it gives them more ideas of other things they can do too. I love that it has helped them to think of other things they can do. I also like to try different styles, and techniques, last week I was doing some black and white images and that also helps them to try something different. I wish I had more time to learn more techniques and perfect them. If I can motivate others it makes me happy.
I do have some down times, when I am not motivated, and I will often see some graphics somewhere that will give me ideas and motivate me.
I have always wanted to learn to paint, and my daughters future MIL teaches a class on painting! If I had more time I would love to take some classes with her.

I have a lot of trouble getting motivated, I can't even tell you what gets me motivated but when I do get motivated I go silly for a couple of days and then it just all dies off again.

i think my motivation stemmed from my child hood, I was always the one making things out of anything I could find in the house, either paper, cardboard or Lego.

Back
Top Bottom