Alicat

Tagger
Town Favorite Extremely Likeable Previous Member of the Month
Activity

0%

Real Name
Lyn
How many Female Artists can you name?
Some research has been recently made that over the centuries very few female artists had their artwork displayed in Art Galleries, very few are known, 1% in London Galleries. If you studied Art as a degree, how many women were mentioned? If you read a book about Artists, how many of them were women?

"Who decides which artists are remembered and which are forgotten? With only a small fraction of the art in museums by women, efforts are being made, at the Venice Biennale and further afield, to change long-standing narratives".

Yeah, I’ve noticed a lack of female artists throughout my “career”. But it isn’t because they aren’t there, it’s because they are deemed less worthy.

It’s an unfortunate situation. Hopefully, as the generations continue, women artists will be more recognized.

Some extremely worthy names are: Anne Stokes, Nene Thomas, Victoria Frances, Enys Guerrero…

I agree, going back a few centuries it was deemed a male interest, and women were not accepted, even if they tried. I agree on your choices. I hope that more women are added to these galleries.

Olivia de Berardinis
Selina Fenech
Myka Jelina
Rene Kunert
Delphine Malidore
Jennifer Janesko
Barbara Jensen

These are all names I think of, and expect to see up there one day 😊

There are number of female artists here too;
Mayumi Ogihara is one that used to be ADI, now in DAH.
Also, love Carolina Seabra - Queen Uriel

There are number of female artists here too;
Mayumi Ogihara is one that used to be ADI, now in DAH.
Also, love Carolina Seabra - Queen Uriel
I stopped tagging for a couple of years and was wondering where a lot of the ADI artists went. So many new tube companies now.

Back
Top Bottom