Suppporter
LDSA Premium
Activity

0%

Real Name
Rene Kunert
Gifts?
Legend of Zelda.
Most of the time, new-comers are scared to post their work because they think it is "crap."

As I have always said, there is no "crap" in art. Of course, beginners won't feel the same confidence in their work as someone who has been around a while. The hardest part is not to compare yourself to other artists who have been around a while.

But... Consider this your safe place! No judgement here! Maybe a tip here and there on how to improve, but no judgement!

I want to see allllllll of the "crap"

I know I come across as being pushy... but I just really want to see people enjoying themselves with art.

Art is not serious. Never has been. So don't treat it as something serious. Let's all just have fun!

this is very good advice and i am one that hides , from posting my stuff LOL even though i really want feedback or i will never grow

I'm really bad to hide anything I create from the public. Of course I haven't really created anything for a while so my "crap" now will probably REALLY be "crap" when I can get started again. Just like when I first started I imagine.

I love to see other people's work but then I compare mine to theirs and find mine lacking so don't show it.

Most people compare themselves to others. I still have that habit… the main difference in me now, to back then, is my GoS meter broke, so I just post. Most of the time, what I’ve drawn isn’t exactly what I envisioned, but I post anyway.

The only person you should compare yourself to, is the person you were yesterday.

If you don’t want to post publicly, you can always PM me. Maybe I can help and give tips to help you like your own stuff better.

And [mention]LadyGirl[/mention], I still have a couple of cards from you from years ago! I still love them!

Ok... You said you want to see ALLLL the crap? I have over 40 loaded in ImgBb and that's not all of it but I truly won't load all that. I will post some of my favorites though.
😂😂😂😂

IMG-20210121-104916.jpg

IMG-20210121-105031.jpg

IMG-20210121-105148.jpg

IMG-20210121-105241.jpg

IMG-20210121-105318.jpg

IMG-20210121-105355.jpg

ReneKunert said:
I SEE ZELDA!!!! WOO! That just made my day haha!

I love all of these! Especially the seahorse :bigsmile:

Thank you, I wasn't happy with the seahorse because it looks out of proportion to me 😁

"Zelda" was drawn when no references, straight from my head, even had tights instead of a skirt... Didn't even realise the resemblance until you pointed it out.

Ummm I would have to print it for that I think... 😂 This one is a few inches high.

😲😲😲😲
No harm in trying, if it doesn't work out, I can try again or just print it 😂

Been doing art in some form or another since I was young, always creating something as a kid. Later in life I discovered digital art with PaintshopPro, and gradually over the years my work has "evolved"!!
In the last few years I have taken more of an interest in photography, and started watching tutorials to learn more about photography, I joined a few groups that do regular themed challenges, and I got hooked on photo manipulations,/composites. The work varies from not great to I love it lots!
Sometimes I have more time to put more effort into the work, and other times I only spend a short time on it if I am busy. Whilst I get comments and likes from fellow members, I have sometimes found that some of the quick artworks can get more likes than the ones I spent ages on! I have on occasion also posted crap art that I have regretted posting at times! When I have a bit more time I will post some here. I am behind at the moment, as I had had my daughter here all weekend so I did not get much done!

That's one thing about the scene. It's so subjective that it's sometimes frustrating lol! What you think is "quick crap" usually turns out to be a majority favorite. It's strange how that works. No one see's the effort you put into things.

But... On the other hand...

Sometimes those quick pieces show EXACTLY who you are. It doesn't give you time to refine, so it shows the raw side. To be honest, that is actually the stuff that will grab the most attention. Oddly...

Yeah I found that strange too. To me the quick crap is "cheating", I feel I have achieved more when I put more effort in. As you say people can't tell the difference, but I feel there maybe one or two people that can tell the difference between them.

Back
Top Bottom