Alicat

Tagger
Town Favorite Extremely Likeable Previous Member of the Month
Activity

0%

Real Name
Lyn
last night hubby and I wanted to watch our favourite program...but our cat was being whiney, she loves attention when we are trying to watch something!! So hubby put a You Tube video for cats, it had a mouse running in and out of the mouse hole and when it went into the hole our cat looked behind the laptop screen for the mouse, and when it came out of the hole our cat tried to catch it following the mouse as it went off screen. This was on an endless loop!! It distracted us from the program as the cat kept walking across the keyboard and all sorts of messages and things were popping up as she did so. So Hubby closed the laptop and the cat was using her nose to try and get into the laptop for the mouse. So hubby had to hide his laptop, she then sat on the arm of the sofa where the laptop had been and she was looking down over the end of the sofa looking for the mouse, and getting excitable, hubby tried to move her but she did not want to be moved and snapped at his hand!! She sat there for the entire program looking for this mouse, and also knocked a few things down off the table the other side of the sofa arm, much to hubbies annoyance!! She was convinced the mouse was going to come out of hiding!! 🤣 😂 🤣 😂 Doubt hubby will try that trick again! lol

Last edited:
Hahaha! That's so funny! I love how animals react to things!

🤣 😅 I agree, he had tried the bird one in the past which did keep her quiet as she sat there just watching the birds!! But she was more interested in the mouse!! Yeah we did not expect that!

My parents did that with their dog, but instead, with a laser pointer. I think it gave him brain damage, though. He would search everywhere for it, even if no one had the pointer in their hand. Eventually, after he searched long enough, someone would pull out the pointer and shoot it around the room. He went crazy for it. This went on until the day he died.

My son uses a similar thing for their cats, it is designed for cats, and has a beam of light, not a laser. The cats run around following the dot they see moving around

This morning our cat was sitting on my hubbies lap, hubby said she is going nutty, and I realised that she is still looking for the mouse!! lol She was staring at his screen.....hubby said shall I put the mouse on for her? I replied it was not a good idea, but try the bird video as she does not get so hyper with that!! lol

Last edited:
I have some evidence from today here......

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom