I hope you all have been enjoying your summer! The mid-year has passed now, so now comes the slide into the second half. Loads of holidays to plan for! I hope you are all ready!

Just letting you all know that Facebook has either removed or hidden the official group over there, so now, this is the only place we have to hang out. I mean, it was a good run, and we got really lucky that the group lasted for years, but I guess all things come to an end... Unfortunately. Good thing we have this place, though! Let's keep our collective fingers crossed that they open it back up.

The SECRET PUMPKIN is still open for signups! What is this, you ask? It's a secret gift exchange for Halloween! Halloween is a great holiday for arts and crafts swaps. Anything from cute to creepy. Come have a look and sign up if you want! It will be closing at the end of September, so sign up while you can! (For the record, secret swap events like this won't take so long in the future. Since this is our first, we are taking it slow to give people time to see them.)

This month's member of the month is... Drumroll please...

@LadyGirl

A little background info:
LadyGirl has been with us since the early 2000s. A few of you know that we have had forums in the past. Facebook killed off our last one a few years ago. However, through the years, LadyGirl has been with us the whole time! She has been a moderator, pretty much since the beginning.

Even though she doesn't talk a whole lot, you better be sure she is watching! And you will notice that she is here, at least once, every single day.

She doesn't have any cards in the gallery, but she definitely has a few in my collection :wink:

IMG_5085.jpgIMG_5086.jpg
Let's give a big congratulations to LadyGirl! Keep up the great work! And thank YOU for always being here.

Don't forget about the challenges! These challenges are only meant for your own amusement. You can trade your art afterward. You can only improve by the more challenges you take!

Don't forget that you can start your own challenges! If you have an idea, feel free to post it. Don't be shy!

We will be counting up the votes on the now closed Dragon Mini Contest. Be sure to go "Like" the artwork you like best! You CAN vote for more than one!

And the August Contest is now open! Go check that out and enter if you like! The more entries, the better :wink:

As time progresses, we will have even more contests with even more prizes to win!

This forum runs on donation! All donations go towards server maintenance, forum upgrades, and contest prizes. This can get pretty costly, so if you would like to contribute, you can make a donation below:
https://www.letsdosomeart.com/donations/donate

If you would like to "upgrade" your account, this is also an option! Upgrades allow you to change your username, give yourself a custom user title, download Premium Resources, and bypass any flood limits present on the forums. More things will be added in the future!

Be sure to check out the gallery, too, while you are here! And also, don't forget to upload your own artwork! If you would like a template to display your work, you can find it in the Resources area.

If you are lost for inspiration, come check out the References section to pick out a photo to transform into art!

If you don't have the motivation for the arts today, check out the Humor Zone and the Posting Games for a little bit of time passing. You can also post your own game ideas and funny jokes. Let's all share our entertainment!

We hope you enjoy your stay here with us! And if you have any suggestions, be sure to post them in the Suggestions forum, or you can PM an admin!

Last edited:
Congrats @LadyGirl i am so pleased for you this month . Well deserved .
thank you for the newsletter I enjoy reading it each month , and it keeps me updated with all the challenges in case I miss a thread

Congratulations, @LadyGirl!

I really need to get my rear in gear to join some of the challenges this month.

Wow, thank you! And thank you for having me around. I don't get to draw as much as I'd like but I am trying to break those pencils out as often as I can! It has been a pleasure helping with the forums as they have evolved. I hope to be around for a long time to come!

Congratulations! :bigsmile:

Back
Top Bottom