Alicat

Tagger
Town Favorite Extremely Likeable Previous Member of the Month
Activity

0%

Real Name
Lyn
Has anyone tried selling their art on canvas? Is it an expensive way to sell art? My daughter thinks I should sell my art on canvas.
Some of the images I create are composites and whilst I am careful about choosing images to work from, but I'm also concerned that may be an issue further down the line as you can never be too careful to select the right images to use. I would like to use the work I have already done, but it would be a task to back track and find the TOUs from the photographers whose work I have used, with some exceptions.

Last edited:
Definitely check with the photographers before taking any steps towards selling.

As far as expense goes, I really have no idea. I know that “print on demand” barely yields any profit, though. I tried that for a while, and it really wasn’t worth it.

I am going to assume the best way would be to own your own equipment, but that would be VERY costly right at first. (As with most every business venture)

The first step is to make absolutely certain you’re allowed to sell particular pieces, first.

Thank you <hugs>
I have used an online printing company in the past to print the odd Canvas for family and whilst that can look great there are times when the images are not aligned properly due to the fact it does not conform to their "regular" photo sizes, so that is something I may also need to address with older work. Their canvas' are often square and not rectangular last time I used them. Plus they need to be high resolution, so there maybe some I cant use because I resized them and may not have the original sizes which were lost when my drive crashed.

Most print on demand places have templates you can use to make things exactly like they require, but it takes some searching to actually find them... I remember when I used CafePress, they were kind of easy to find, but other sites were terrible. The good thing is, some of them actually have forums for support to ask those kinds of questions.

Brilliant thank you I will look into that. :smile:

I can't say much that hasn't already been said, but I will say good luck! Maybe one day we can do some print trades for people who do digital work. :smile:

Thank you :smile: Sounds good too me, I hope to try the trading cards with Digital art, just not had time to do so yet. Its been a busy few months with family and my store.

One of the stores I have used in the past had a Black Friday 50% off sale so I have used 3 different pieces of my art on canvas and eagerly await their delivery. This is a test to see what they look like printed on canvas and if they look ok I am considering doing more and selling them.

Back
Top Bottom