Suppporter
LDSA Premium
Activity

0%

Real Name
Rene Kunert
Gifts?
Legend of Zelda.
Let's pretend we are all art critics. There is no "unfair" critique, really.

But... instead of discussing the style and technique of the work, let's make up stories about what is going on. We all know the technique is pretty awesome, and the style is pretty standard for its time.

Remember, this is just fantasy. Do not be afraid to add humor if you like, as the artist is LONG since passed.

Henry Fuseli - The Nightmare 1791

Untitled-18 copy.jpg

To me there is often a story behind each work of art. This one I do not see that story!.

It looks to me like the devil has just killed this lady after she fainted on the bed, she did not see that coming! Surprised that the devil can move, as he is sitting in that nut shell, it must be so uncomfortable, not like todays devils in their red neoprene skinnies!! Today's Devils have wings and a tail and do not need the horse for a quick getaway! Gotta love modern technology! No idea why there is a horse in the tent!

The dark colours add to the drama, but there is too much light on the lady for this scene, I guess they must have had a big old lamp over her bed. Ah maybe they scared her and she jumped up from the bed and hit her head on the lamp! That makes more sense! Was that their intention, to make it look more like an accident, and they get away with it! I guess we will never know! lol

p.s this is the first time for Art critic.....enjoyed it!

The thieving imp has arrived on his spectral horse who watches from the window as he draws energy from his unwilling victim. As he works, she dreams frightening dreams of leering faces and grasping hands, pulling her into a flaming chasm. She tosses and turns from the nightmares the dark imp is causing due to his nefarious activity. Soon she will awaken with no memory of the night, knowing only that uncomfortable feeling that something has happened that she may never understand.

I just wanted to play with it. :smile:

Thank you. :smile:

Thank you. :bigsmile:

Back
Top Bottom