Suppporter
LDSA Premium
Activity

0%

Real Name
Rene Kunert
Gifts?
Legend of Zelda.
Since I shared that AI designed dress on facebook, I’ve lost a few from my friends list.

I have a very unpopular opinion when it comes to that tech. While, yes, I’d love for it to be more ethically trained, I have no problem with it. I can understand if you think this will take “real artists’” jobs, but in all actuality, it will make traditional artists’ work worth more. Tangible art will always be superior. AI tech can also help creatives with reference material.
I honestly think it is just another tool for creation. Just like the camera. (For the record, cameras also capture copyrighted material that doesn’t belong to the photographer.)

The only problem I have so far, other than the immoral use of others’ art, is the people who claim the imagery is real, or physically created by the promoter.

I know I said I was going to remove everything about AI from the website, but... I am starting to think "fuggit" and just forget the whole thing with the outrage.

I totally agree with your thoughts.:hug:
I have done research on it and know the good and bad points of Ai. I can see uses for it, it is fun, and as you say it is another tool in the box, just like plugins and addon programs.
I know there are many that are against it, and it is something new to them some don't understand it and those that say it is against the copyright laws. Don't get me wrong, I am all for the copyright laws, and in my opinion, these are "derivatives", however, it is dependant how it is used and how the program itself was handled right from the start. It is the way it was built with no regards to artists and copyrights. It's about the money to them!
It is yet to be sorted by the courts as to how it moves forwards, it is not an easy solution.
It is similar to when Music went digital online.

Back
Top Bottom