Alicat

Tagger
Town Favorite Extremely Likeable Previous Member of the Month
Activity

2%

Real Name
Lyn
My daughter is in the process of buying a house, and at the stage where she is just waiting on a date.

When that day comes she wants to take furniture from her old bedroom (Dressing table and Bedside cabinet) they are both glass furniture and we have to get them down the stairs, but we have bookcases on the top and middle part of the stairs which means moving them ( no space to put them!). Hubby and I cannot lift them down the stairs as he has a bad back and it does not take much to put his back out! He is in constant pain. Unfortunately, we have to get other family members help with that. She also wants to take her desk, that she had when she was in Uni, that is in my room!.
So I am in the process of clearing my room. I need to make space in my room and her room. In addition to that I need to re-arrange my desk so my TV is also on my desk with my computer. It is a small office and doing a clear out, has been more work than I anticipated!! I started at the beginning of last week and still working on it!!!

During the past 2 1/2 weeks my daughter has been on her 3rd holiday this year, she was has been to Italy, Lake District and this one was in Ireland!! (I have not had a holiday for years, just short breaks from time to time!). Hubby has been babysitting her kitten throughout the holiday, which has helped me as he moans a lot about the mess I have created in my room during the sort out! It looks worse than when I started........not finished yet!! My daughter is due back today, so I need to get my room ship shape as soon as possible otherwise he will not stop moaning about it!! (it's MY room!!)

Then I need to sort her desk out in my room and sort the dressing table and bedside cabinet draws out in her room.! Then pack the books and DVDs hubby has added on the top of the bookcases, and find somewhere for the bookcases (that's the hard part)!!
I have been tired and exhausted, frustrated, and can't wait to get my room finished!! Not sure I can see light at the end of the tunnel yet!

Hubby bought me a new laptop/tablet yesterday, and I have not had time to try it yet, hubby has tested it out and loves it. It would help me should I have to have this op.

Last edited:
Sounds very full on

Thank you both :hug::hug: I did not expect it to take so long to do. I wish I had done this sooner, but life takes many different twists and turns. Looking forward to getting it all done and dusted asap!!

Back
Top Bottom