Suppporter
LDSA Premium
Activity

0%

Real Name
Rene Kunert
Gifts?
Legend of Zelda.
I saw this brought up in another group, so I figured I would start a bit of a conversation here, as well.

ATC stands for Artist Trading Card. This means it is meant to be traded. We got that part, already.

However, if you create a card, then you trade it to another artist, how would you feel if that other artist traded your trading card to another artist? That means, the original recipient is no longer in possession of said trading card.

Would you be upset?
Would you be hurt?
Would you be happy?

Why?

I have kept all the cards you have sent me in the past, they are kept in a box with some of my photos.

I would hope that the person receiving cards/artwork from me would love them enough not to pass them on and if they did not like them, and passed them to someone that does like them. I would be ok.
If they traded them not knowing if the other person liked them or not, I may not be as happy. I prefer that anyone who has my artwork loves them as much as I do. I do understand people may want a clear out from time to time, and that is their choice.

I have just received 2 trading cards from the lovely @Rene and I love them I have them in sleeves in a photo album and would never bring myself to trade them .
I don’t think it’s right . I guess I would be a little hurt thinking that the person I traded my cards with didn’t really like them so they are getting rid of them .
being all new to this I don’t have that many cards and don’t really know how I would react

I totally agree with Stu, I would be really upset if I traded a card with someone and then they gave it to someone else.
I would choose the card I send based on the person's taste or if they showed interest in it when it was shown online.

I really don't mind people retrading mine. If one person loves them more than another person, then the one who loves more should get them. Half of the time, I forget who I traded to, anyway. I create my art for the love of creating, so anyone can do as they wish afterwards.

Plus, just the thought of one of my cards traveling the world without me? It's like I get to make the trip without actually making the trip.

Please, trade away. I'm good with just making art.

That a really good way of looking at it @mistress . It’s like pay it forward .
I guess cause I’m really new to this and yes I have so much to learn and so much to improve on , 6 months ago I just said I can’t draw , some people have it . And I don’t . But perseverance has started to make me thing well maybe I do have something even how small it is . And when I create right now I’m very proud of what I have created .
maybe after a few years of creating art I would look at it differently .
and I love to draw ,

i just do stuff for the love of doing it. If someone else wants it bad enough to trade another person for the original, then by all means. I don’t even mind if someone sells the original art I created for them (digitalis and prints don’t count here, though). Artworks pass from person to person all the time.

I will just keep creating more.

Back
Top Bottom