Suppporter
LDSA Premium
Activity

0%

Real Name
Rene Kunert
Gifts?
Legend of Zelda.
This is a topic that @Everyone has a chance to give some input!

The summer activities are much closer than we realize. In this particular time of our lives, time just kind of slips away. We need a little input with the activities planning.

What kind of challenges would you like to see and participate in? The sky is the limit! Any creative endeavor is welcome. Drawing, painting, writing, yarn arts, tagging, etc.

Just leave a little idea or two here and we will see about making them into challenges for you!

These summer activities will have real prizes and gifts, so if you have an idea of the kinds of things you'd like to receive, then leave those here, too! The prizes, of course, will relate to the activities you want to participate in.

Resin Art & Paint pours 😁😁😁 I don't do them every week, but would like to share when I do. And there are some really good tuts on different types of pours and how to "cheat" with some of the supplies eg: not using silicone for cells. I can hunt down some of the ones I saved to share if others are interested.
Also, not something I have done much of but maybe home made jewelry or cardmaking?
As for prizes: I would be happy with anything but dried flowers, pretty ribbons, chunky or fine glitters or anything that can be used in my resin art wouldn't go astray 😁

When I was younger, I tried the resin art, and the moulds produced thick shaped blocks with something I had added into ie flowers or something small enough to fit the space. Having made the blocks I did not find anything to use them for as they were too heavy for jewellery and I did not have small button sized moulds which would have been better. I would be interested to see what uses you find for these.

How about some themed challenges, like maybe handprints or roses? Everyone loves roses.

When I was younger, I tried the resin art, and the moulds produced thick shaped blocks with something I had added into ie flowers or something small enough to fit the space. Having made the blocks I did not find anything to use them for as they were too heavy for jewellery and I did not have small button sized moulds which would have been better. I would be interested to see what uses you find for these.
I have the square moulds, I believe they are for decoration purposes and/or to use as paper weights. I have seen some really great 3D fantasy & underwater scenes made from them using plastic toys or painting layers with acrylic paint. I know someone who uses her pyramid shaped ones or her ice cube ones to pour any leftover resin into until they are full. She turns the ice cube ones into magnets. I have moulds for bookmarks, pens, wind chimes, tea light holders, cabachons, jewelry moulds and coasters. They are really cheap on eBay if you don't mind the wait, and I even found some sellers in Australia.
Ooh yes, alcohol inks! I scored myself a dozen colours for $2 each just before Christmas and haven't had a chance to play with them yet 😁😁😁

I have the square moulds, I believe they are for decoration purposes and/or to use as paper weights. I have seen some really great 3D fantasy & underwater scenes made from them using plastic toys or painting layers with acrylic paint. I know someone who uses her pyramid shaped ones or her ice cube ones to pour any leftover resin into until they are full. She turns the ice cube ones into magnets. I have moulds for bookmarks, pens, wind chimes, tea light holders, cabachons, jewelry moulds and coasters. They are really cheap on eBay if you don't mind the wait, and I even found some sellers in Australia.
Ooh yes, alcohol inks! I scored myself a dozen colours for $2 each just before Christmas and haven't had a chance to play with them yet 😁😁😁
Would love to see some photos of these, I had not seen what others have done with the resin

Last edited:
I watch the resin videos on youtube and it looks like a lot of fun but I have never tried it. I would love to see what can be created!

I have no idea about resin art , I think we have so much depth in this group which is fantastic , and we all have our different love . For me right now I love graphite never used a Color , also I have never used a paintbrush , so I think you could have a challenge that suits everyone for eg ,
one week , or can be Color,
another week it could be graphite and then throw in a members choice challenge so the member can do whatever there heart desires , I’m not sure how many people tag in the group and it’s another love of mine and I love creating gifts for people .
just a thought

Would love to see some photos if these, I had not seen what others have done with the resin
This guy here does some amazing stuff with various shapes. I want the same egg mould he uses for making dragon eggs.

Not keen on the insects in them, but like the shapes and love the name plates he did. Love the Dragons too.

Back
Top Bottom