Suppporter
LDSA Premium
Activity

0%

Real Name
Rene Kunert
Gifts?
Legend of Zelda.
Sorry I’ve been a bit abscent lately… I had a episode that sent me to the hospital. I was certain I was having a heart attack.

Turns out, it wasn’t, thank fuck.

Apparently I’ve been too worried about making things happen that are really out of my control, then being here in the middle of nowhere with a language I’ll never learn doesn’t help. Add on top of that me still always watching my back because of those death threats last year…

Yeah. I have to do something lol.

I already have an arrhythmia, so a panic attack on top of that scared the shit right out of me.

I do know this, though, if a heart attack is ANYTHING like that, I don’t want one.

WOW did not know about the death threats! 😲 <hugs> I hope you are feeling ok now? <hugs>
There seems to me a lot more people suffering from anxiety attacks since the start of the pandemic, my daughter included. She had one on her way to work, during the early days of covid, and whilst driving.
She pulled over, rang work and us to come and get her. The head told her to go home and rest.

If you feel an attack coming on, do some deep slow breathing and open windows for some fresh air. It may be old fashioned but I do lists of jobs that need doing so that I am not overwhelmed. I got my daughter to do that as being a teacher she gets far too much work thrown at her which makes it too overwhelming. So prioritising the workload that helps her a lot, plus the fact that I am forgetful lol.

I get attacks regularly, but this was the worst ever. I legit thought I was having a heart attack.

My problem is chronic anxiety. The only thing that will really help is a therapist and medication. I’m trying my best to only do that in a country I trust. I don’t trust here.

It’s just gotten so bad I can’t manage it on my own anymore.

So I took a couple of months off work and have been avoiding scrolling through Facebook lol.

aww <hugs> what about mediation? Have you tried that? We had that at work one lunchtime, and it really helped me that day. I would recommend it. It puts you in a calms space and when you feel a little anxious it may help before the situation gets worse.

I’ve tried the meditation thing. Sometimes it helps a little but not significantly enough to do it 5-6 hours a day 🤣

I think it is more a chemical imbalance in the brain, since it sneaks up sometimes without any kind of trigger. There was no clear trigger with this attack. I was just sitting at my computer watching craft videos lol.

I’ll get to the bottom of it, though. Just might take a few months.

How scary. I hope you can get it under control soon. Big hug for you.

Maybe try a diary and note what you were doing for that day when it happens it will help to find a link. Inc moods, tiredness and food intake

I need to do that for a food diary, as I suffer from lots of food issues.

I do that already. It was suggested when I was young by a therapist. So far, no real link lol. I’ll get to the bottom of it eventually.

So sad to hear this , it must be in water, I hope you get yours under control , I manage mine through meds , but you don’t have that at your disposal . Doesn’t help the place I work at a customer tested positive to COVID while I was in the building , been in lockdown since June , so it’s driving me insane ,, big hugs to you my friend , sometimes just a chat can help , always here if you need a chat

I reckon I could come up with a list too lol

Back
Top Bottom