It has been a pretty slow month. With Summer coming to an end, "normal" life is starting to happen again. Well, as normal as life can get at the moment, anyway! We really hope you enjoyed the warm weather, but it's time to start getting cooler again!

With Autumn coming, that brings even more activities! Autumn is one of my personal favorite seasons, since Halloween is just around the corner! Whether you like cute, spooky, or down right haunting, this is the season for you! Not to mention it's harvest time. So lots of food!

The Secret Pumpkin exchange is now in full swing! Names have been exchanged and gifts are being gathered! Signups are, however, closed. That means everyone should be busy making and searching for just the perfect gift for their partner. I am SO looking forward to seeing what everyone gets!

We are still looking for someone to host our first swap here on the forums! You don't have to go in blind. I am here to answer any questions or walk you through the steps. All you need to host is a stable mailing address and the ability to keep your players updated. Time isn't even a serious issue, as you only do actual swapping for potentially one day. If you need more information about how to actually swap the cards to your players, send me a Private Conversation, and I can give you the quick rundown.

Send your application through our nice little automated system!
It really is as easy as receiving and sending mail.

If you would like to participate in the hosted swap as a player, you can send your application without an active swap.

If you don't want to participate in a swap, you can also apply to be a moderator! This one requires a bit of knowlege about how swaps work and the ability to warn members with a deliberate violation yo our swap rules. Moderators are a huge help to the hosts.

Please don't be afraid of the swaps. They are really fun once you get the hang of the format! It is just like having pen pals, but with art instead of words. How cool is that??

This month's Member of the Month is Alicat! Huge congrats! Thank you for being here every day and participating in the daily questions.

Alicat does photo manipulations, and she has some pretty awesome work. :smile:

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 16.34.42.png

Enjoy your month in the spotlight!!

Don't forget about the challenges! These challenges are only meant for your own amusement. You can trade your art afterward. You can only improve by the more challenges you take!

Don't forget that you can start your own challenges! If you have an idea, feel free to post it. Don't be shy!

Congratulations to stuART for winning the Monsters Contest! Expect a Private Conversation soon with the details of your win!

Stu-ART-Jason-Monster.jpg

With the Monsters contest at an end, we are going to wait a little while before having another. But to get you prepared, I will say that it might have something to do with unicorn poop :lol:! So keep an eye out for that!

This forum runs on donation! All donations go towards server maintenance, forum upgrades, and contest prizes. This can get pretty costly, so if you would like to contribute, you can make a donation below:
https://www.letsdosomeart.com/donations/donate

If you would like to "upgrade" your account, this is also an option! Upgrades allow you to change your username, give yourself a custom user title, download Premium Resources, and bypass any flood limits present on the forums. More things will be added in the future!

Be sure to check out the gallery, too, while you are here! And also, don't forget to upload your own artwork! If you would like a template to display your work, you can find it in the Resources area.

If you are lost for inspiration, come check out the References section to pick out a photo to transform into art!

If you don't have the motivation for the arts today, check out the Humor Zone and the Posting Games for a little bit of time passing. You can also post your own game ideas and funny jokes. Let's all share our entertainment!

We hope you enjoy your stay here with us! And if you have any suggestions, be sure to post them in the Suggestions forum, or you can PM an admin!

Last edited:
Only just noticed the banner at the top <hugs> thank you :smile:

Back
Top Bottom