LDSA Premium
Activity

0%

Real Name
Rene Kunert
Gifts?
Legend of Zelda.
Pop Tv Dancing GIF by Schitt's Creek

What elements of pop culture will be forever tied in your mind to your childhood?​

Clothing like the Hippy coats, the Mods Parkers, Mini skirts. Long hair.
I was out one day in my hot pants, (I was a teenager at the time), and car driver saw me walking along the street, he was fixated on me, as he drove straight on crashing onto a roundabout in the centre of the road!! (no other cars around at the time, otherwise he may have crashed into them!)
Another time, I was wearing a mini skirt....a middle aged man crossed the road and approached me, saying " you should not me wearing that it does not suit you"!! and kept following me telling me why it looked bad on me. I am short, and my legs were not as long as some of these models, and I was not as stick thin as they were. (I was not fat!!) I said it was none of his business and walked away.

I agree it is! Some people should keep their opinions to themselves especially if they do not know you.
@Rene I also had an incident this weekend....whilst at my daughters wedding we were outside on the benches chatting with family, when a man approached me and said "Is that a period costume or are you one of them Men!!! I was gobsmacked! by the time I realised what he had said to me...he had walked off, so I reported it to the Venue, as I was not sure if he may have been staff or a visitor to the venue. (He was dressed like a groundsman/gardener). I was very offended by this comment and could not get it out of my head all day!! I did not mention it to my daughter I did not want to spoil her special day

I agree, I was always taught if you don't have anything nice to say to others then don't say it!

Back
Top Bottom