Suppporter
LDSA Premium
Activity

0%

Real Name
Rene Kunert
Gifts?
Legend of Zelda.
Do you have any regular local art events?

Maybe exhibitions from local artists? Classes run by the community? Anything?

We don’t have anything around here, so I’d love to hear about the stuff going on around you.

Many years ago, I saw an ad in the paper for people that were interested in art. My kids were young at that time, and I only had a part time job so had time to do some creations. I had also been on a Photoshop/Quark Graphics course as an introduction to Digital Graphics.
The person who sent the add, was an elderly man called Tom, and a couple of others also joined in. The idea was to hold art exhibitions in local libraries (as an art group), with the option to sell too. Each of us with different Art Skills. I used my newly learnt digital art skills at the time, (early days!) lol My son also became interested in digital art, and created a few pieces. At one of the exhibitions Tom had arranged a visit from the newspaper, and the local Mayor and Mayoress, Doreen and Harry Webb as shown in the picture below. My son had a day off school for this, which upset my daughter as she had to go to school!! He had his picture taken with the mayor and mayoress holding his artwork for the local newspaper.
We did this for a few years, before Tom began to have a few health issues, and went into respite care, we went to visit him there and it was the last time we saw him before he passed. Unfortunately,, the club with only 3 members, did not continue without Tom to run it.
There are still art exhibitions at one of the venues, a local theatre, and across the road there are art classes. My daughters future MIL also teaches Art/painting. She is a talented crafts person. However, because of the pandemic all these places were closed. and MIL said they will no longer continue with courses at the place she was teaching, so not sure what she will do till life gets back to some "normality".

Years ago there were lots of classes to learn new skills, cooking, photography, art, computing & Sports etc. then that all stopped through lack of government funding!

BlackE3515012007_P02.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom