Suppporter
LDSA Premium
Activity

0%

Real Name
Rene Kunert
Gifts?
Legend of Zelda.
Art is scary. So, don't create for immediate success.

The best way to get over the fear of art is to doodle. A lot. I mean, A LOT! Doodle on everything. Sketchbooks, napkins, receipts, scrap paper, everything. Doodling will get rid of the "stiff wrist" that usually accompanies beginners. Don't doodle to be perfect. It is meant to just be exercises. Maybe you really like one of your doodles. You can always revisit that doodle to become a full-fledged artwork.

Yes. You can draw. How well is not the issue. No one will judge you by "bad" drawings. Art is subjective. One person may think it's crap, but another person may absolutely need your work in their collection.

And don't ever get discouraged. Even though I have tons of things going on at all times, I will absolutely trade art with you now and then. Yes. You. I will trade with you. Granted, it may be a few months before I can seriously trade, but I will definitely be here!

If you are afraid of what your art may look like, or maybe you are nervous about posting it to the public. But... I am always here to check it out! Even if you have to send it to me, directly, though Private Messages, then do it! DOOOOO EEEET!!

Last edited:
Great advice! I struggle with wanting everything to be perfect and art never really is, in the eye of the creator anyway. I always see one more thing I could have/should have done after I am finished. Learning to let go of that is tough but I do try! At the moment with everything that is going on in my life it is a struggle to find time to do much but I do find myself doodling on my notes/calendar at work or just randomly. If I can't squeeze in time for a full piece I go to my "go to" subject...feathers. I love to draw feathers and they make me smile, even if they are just on the edge of a piece of paper.

This I great advice , I fellinto that category I picked up a pencil after a month . To many demons fighting one another in my head , telling me it doesn’t look right or it’s shaded wrong or some other reason , but i love to draw , I have so much learning to do and I can’t achieve that by thinking if I will draw today . Thank you for the uplifting advice

Back
Top Bottom