Just random chatter here! Just post whatever you think doesn’t need it’s own thread started.

Had breakfast with friends and went on a trip to Königswinter and the Drachenfels

Attachments

• IMG_20221019_131501.jpg
    IMG_20221019_131501.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20221019_131121.jpg
    IMG_20221019_131121.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 0
Just sitting here at work going through legal documents waiting for quitting time and hoping I don't have to cover the deed department much today.

Time has flown past, I have been so busy, mostly with family and the stores. Last month I thought things had finally slowed down and I had more time to look forward to. but no! Though I do prefer being busy I would like some more time to play! lol

My 91 yr old mother is getting more frail and so I have been spending more time doing things to help make life comfortable for her, and running errands, and medical appts! (The number of Jabs we need these days has increased especially for the elderly).

I am busy over the coming week with family, so I will try and pop in after that.

I have the weekend off. I finally got a new job as Pharmacy Assistant and I absolutely love it.
Some days it's really harsh on my back as I found out I have Osteporosis & osteoarthritis but I am working with a health dept to do slow, simple exercises to build up my core muscles as I'm high risk for fractures in my spine - at 52 that was a HUGE shock to the system I can tell you. Anyways, I am finally dealing with it.

My art group has closed it doors as of the 4th of this month. Such a sad for us all. There are other art groups around town but they all meet on different days and I work them. My usual forum - KnKs - is also closing it;s doors so we set up a FB group for the members so they can still do challenges and play games etc but it's still early days so I am not sore how it will go.

I entered my photos in a the local show judging for the first time this year and did really well. I won two 1st places, two 2nd places, got a highly commended and won Grand Champion :bigsmile:

And that's pretty much my last 12 months all summed up right there!

Congrats on the art awards! Life is busy as usual here. Hubby got a motorcycle last fall so every pretty day we try to go out for a ride. He got me one for Christmas and I am trying to learn to ride myself. I have to get over my throttle fear! I am going to take a safety course through Harley, I tried it in March but it was a rainy day and I got into my head and they said I could come back at a later time and try it again. I really want to learn to ride but I have a ways to go before I am confident on her.

Congrats on the awards Michelle, that is awesome <hugs>

Ladygirl, I used to ride motorcycles, because my ex loved them, I started by riding pillion. My first motorcycle was a Triumph Tiger cub which my ex restored from scratch. Then I wanted to buy a motorcycle and my father said he would buy it for me on condition I take lessons. I went on a course run by Police and RAC (motoring organisation), I was the only girl to take this course. They did a number of different types of education, ie talks, riding, mechanics, road safety and Obstacle course. So the last day there is a test of all the different sections. I was amazed to find I got 100% on the course, and asked if I wanted to be an instructed. I turned it down at the time, but later regretted that decision.
The training was worth it, even though I had ridden the first bike for a while.

Awesome Alicat! I've been on the pillion seat behind hubby since he got his. He had ridden for years when he was younger and finally got back into it last fall. He got me a Yamaha V Star 250 to learn on since I am so short. I have been practicing the friction zone and trying to get past my fear of opening the throttle (it sounds so loud, lol) I am scared that I will whiskey it and wreck it. Maybe because while I was walking it and working the friction zone I let my daughter try and she immediately popped the clutch, opened the throttle and laid it down.

just go at your pace and learn to move forward and turn in either direct, get used to the bike even if it is at slow speed and when you are confident, just turn the throttle a little bit more and carry on getting used to it, and bit by bit gradually open it a little more till you reach a reasonable speed that you are comfortable with.
The younger people have less fear generally. Now that I am older I don't feel as safe on a bike any more.

Back
Top Bottom