LDSA Premium
Activity

0%

Real Name
Rene Kunert
Gifts?
Legend of Zelda.
First time happening since being here…

I wear my Tshirts from the shows I’ve attended. 99% of my shirts are from said shows, so I wear them, pretty much always.

There was a guy who passed us in the local mall. He had a denim vest with a whole lot of the 80’s metal/death metal patches. Of course, I did a double take, because you just don’t see that kind of thing much here. As I looked back, so did he (I’m wearing my sepultura T). He flashed the horns and we went upstairs.

Apparently he also thought that rare, so he followed us upstairs to the mobile place where we were charging our data. We talked a bit about music and stuff.

Now… I’m not used to these kinds of encounters anymore, so I wasn’t at my best (especially since I’ve had a couple of drinks)… There are SO MANY bands I could have mentioned, but my socially-inept personality was awkward as fuck lol!

Got home and thought about how much better that conversation could have gone…. I’m not used to people actually liking the same kinds of things I do 🤣🤣🤣

I am the same, when it comes to being put on the spot I would struggle to think of everything to say, and then, as you did, I remember things after the event, and feel bad that I did not remember them earlier! I wish I could turn the clock back and add the things I just remembered!!

It is great to meet our idols. I have met a many well known celebrities over the years, because I worked at the BBC in Central London. I saw a lot of celebrities and even been alone with some of them in the lifts, but I am shy and get tongue tied, I did not know what to say to them. I even got kicked out of a radio studio by Radio London DJ Tony Blackburn (nasty man!). I hope you get a chance to meet him again.

I know it sounds crazy that I forget things to say, when I have taught accredited IT Classes for 6 years.
I have a forgetful memory, more so now I am retired as nearly everyday is the ground hog day!!
When I was teaching it was easier once I had done the lesson a few times I would remember all the points to say. Plus I worked in IT so it was easier most of it was 2nd nature. But for the Head talk I had to rehearse it the day before the event.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom